When you use the Site and/or the Services, Sentieo or a designated service provider may collect personal information that you voluntarily provide via the Site and/or the Services, on third-party websites and applications, or offline in connection with your Sentieo subscription and Sentieo applications.
By creating a Sentieo account, you
the instructions below.
What & Why
When you interact with the Site and / or the Services we may collect personal data, which is information that can be used to uniquely identify you, as well as various other types of information, including information about your interactions with the Services (which we call, collectively, “Your Information”). We collect and use Your Information pursuant to our contract with you, or your agreement to our Customer Terms upon creating a Sentieo user account, so that we may provide you with the Services in a reliable and secure manner. We also collect and use Your Information for our legitimate business needs. Some examples of Your Information and how we use it are:
Account information. We collect, and associate with your account, the information you provide to us when you do things such as sign up for your account, become a paid user, and set up two-factor authentication (such as your name, email address, phone number, payment info, and physical address). Some of our Services let you access your accounts and Your Information via mobile devices and / or other service providers.
Service Data. Our Services are designed to allow you to analyze, store, annotate and interact with a large variety of types financial data and other information provided by or via the Services (“Data”), as well as to upload additional Data, take notes or annotate Data, and, if enabled, share Data, including but not limited to analysis, notes or annotations with other authorized users, collaborate with others, and work across multiple devices.
To make that possible, we collect the Data you provide as well as your notes, annotations, searches, analyses and other necessary information about your interactions with the Services, and we store, process, and securely transmit Your Information, including Data, as well as information related to it necessary for us to provide the Services. If enabled, our Services provide you several different options for sharing portions of Your Information with other users, and when you use those options, you are giving those users permission to see and interact with those portions of Your Information.
Usage Information. Sentieo may collect information related to how you use the Services, including actions you take in your account (like searching, analyzing and manipulating Data, sharing, editing, viewing, and tagging notes or annotations), as well as storing any Data you upload to or create within the Services. Our Services may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information for analytical purposes.
We use this information in order to create and maintain business records, billing information, and for other purposes essential to our client relationships. We may also use this information, in an anonymized format that does not allow us to view Your Information or Data created or uploaded by you specifically, to improve our Services, develop new services and features, and protect Sentieo users. For example, we may collect information about how you use the Services, including actions you take in your Sentieo account, how you interact with our desktop and mobile apps and other related information to optimize the design and placement of certain features to make it more usable, or to automate certain tasks that users frequently do manually. We generally store this information for so long as we maintain a business relationship with a given client and until such time as we are requested to delete it.
Device information. We also may collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services. We use this information to protect our users’ security, optimize our Services for those devices, provide customer support, and to otherwise generally improve the Services.
Cookies and other technologies. Cookies, site tags and other similar technologies are small pieces of information transferred to and stored on your computer or device through your web browser or our applications to enable our systems to recognize your preferences and settings. We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags to provide, improve, protect, and promote our Services. For example, cookies help us with things like remembering your username for your next visit, understanding how you are interacting with our Services, and improving them based on that information.
When accessing client-specific secure content, you are acting as a representative of your company and your interactions with our site in this capacity are governed by our relationship agreement with your company. Most browsers and devices automatically accept cookies; you may manually disable them, but this may limit your ability to use the Services. For more information on disabling cookies, go to the “help” menu on your browser or device.
Marketing. We may give users the option to use some of our Services on a trial basis free of charge. These free Services are made possible by the fact that some users upgrade to one of our paid Services. If you register for trial access to our Services, we will, from time to time, send you information about upgrades when permissible.
We sometimes contact people who do not have a Sentieo account. For recipients in the EU, we or a third party will obtain consent before contacting you.
You have an absolute right to object to our use of Your Information for marketing purposes, and we’ve made it easy for you to do so. Users who receive these marketing materials can opt out at any time. If you do not want to receive marketing materials from us, simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or email email@example.com.
Sharing Your Information
Sentieo will not sell Your Information to advertisers or other third parties.
Certain features or settings automatically provide or let you make additional information available to others.
Other users. If sharing is enabled, information about your identity may be shared with other users in your organization, and you may be able to share portions of Your Information with those users. When your Sentieo account is granted to you by your employer or organization, we may help collaborators and administrators find you and your team by making some of your basic information—like your name, team name, profile picture, and email address—visible to other users on the same domain. We may also provide more detailed portions of Your Information and your usage of the Services with authorized personnel at your employer or organization for compliance and oversight purposes.
Company Admins. If your Sentieo account was created by or on behalf of your employer or organization, your administrator may have the ability to access and control your Sentieo account. Please refer to your organization’s internal policies if you have questions about this.
Other applications. You can also give third-party providers access to Your Information and account—for example, via Sentieo’s Excel Plugin or ability to sync with apps such as OneNote and Evernote. Just remember that their use of Your Information will be governed by their privacy policies and terms.
Law & Order and the Public Interest. We may disclose Your Information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or appropriate government request; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Sentieo or our users; (d) protect Sentieo’s rights, property, safety, or interest; or (e) perform a task carried out in the public interest.
Stewardship of your data is critical to us and a responsibility that we embrace. We believe that your data should receive the same legal protections regardless of whether it’s stored on our Services or on your home computer’s hard drive. We’ll abide by terms of our Customer Terms and Conditions or any other contractual agreement you have with Sentieo when receiving, scrutinizing, and responding to government requests (including national security requests) for your data, while also making commercially reasonable efforts to a) be transparent; b) fight blanket requests; c) Protect all users; and d) Provide trusted services.
How Does Sentieo Process Your Personal Information?
- Legal basis for processing Your Information: We are committed to minimizing the information we collect and limiting its use and purposes to only: (i) where we have your permission; (ii) as necessary to deliver the Services; or (iii) as might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purpose. You may withdraw your consent to receiving our communications by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email you no longer wish to receive or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Retention of your Personal Information: Your Personal Information will be processed and stored for as long as required to complete the purpose for which it has been collected, such as providing you services. Personal Information collected for Sentieo’s legitimate business interests will be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Sentieo will comply with all relevant employment and data privacy laws and regulations as pertinent to retention of your Personal Information. To the degree required by law, you may request copies or deletion of your Personal Information. Once all applicable statutory retention periods expire, your Personal Information will be deleted from our database. Following the deletion of your Personal Information, your right to access, delete, and correct the Personal Information, as well as your right to data portability cannot be enforced, except as required by applicable laws.
Data Security and Integrity
Security Personnel. We have a team dedicated to keeping Your Information secure and testing for vulnerabilities. We also continue to work on features to keep Your Information safe in addition to things like two-factor authentication, encryption of files at rest, and alerts when new devices and apps are linked to your account. We deploy automated technologies to detect abusive behavior and content that may harm our Services, you, or other users.
User Controls. You (or your Company Administrators) can access, amend, download, and delete Your Information by logging into your Sentieo account and going to your account settings page, or emailing a request to email@example.com.
To provide you with the Services, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States and locations around the world—including those outside your country. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
What Are Your Rights Under the GDPR?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), Sentieo is a data controller and data processor for the information we collect from you. If you are a European Union resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European Union resident, note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Services), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to the United States.
Note that you have specific rights under the GDPR, as follows:
- You may withdraw your previously provided consent to the processing of your Personal Information at any time.
- You may object to the processing of your Personal Information if it is being carried out for a purpose for which you have previously provided consent.
- You may access your specific Personal Information in the possession of the Services, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing, and obtain a copy of your Personal Information subject to processing.
- You may seek to have your Personal Information updated or corrected.
- Under certain circumstances, you may restrict the processing of your Personal Information, in which case we will refrain from any processing activity other than storage.
- You may seek to have your Personal Information deleted. We will honor your request to the extent that retention of your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the Services to fulfill its legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record-keeping requirements.
- You may receive a copy of your Personal Information in a structured, commonly-used machine readable format that may be transferred to another controller without hindrance.
What is your right to access specific information under the GDPR?
You have the right to request that Sentieo disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm a verifiable request from you, we will disclose to you:
- the categories of personal information we collected about you;
- the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- our business or commercial purpose for selling that personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information;
- the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you
- if we sold or disclosed your personal
information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
How Can You Exercise Your Rights?
You may request to exercise your rights to access, correction, deletion, and data portability of your Personal Information by contacting us at the contact information provided below. We will endeavor to respond to your request as promptly as possible but in any event in no more than 30 days from the receipt of your verifiable request.
315 Montgomery Street, 10th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
Email Address: privacy@Sentieo.com
Telephone number:+1 415 844 9345
Only you may request to exercise your rights or those of your minor child, and your request must be verifiable. Your verifiable consumer request must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- describe your request will sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request and for no other reason. Though you need not create an account to make a verifiable consumer request, we consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to Personal Information associated with that specific account. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to your account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
For requests to transfer your Personal Information to another entity, we will provide your Personal Information in a format of our choosing that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information without hindrance, for example in .PDF, .TXT, or .DOC format. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your verifiable consumer request. If applicable, our response will provide the reasons we cannot comply with your request.
We will not charge you a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why and provide a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights. Unless permitted under applicable laws, solely due to the exercise of your rights hereunder, we will not:
- deny you goods or services;
- charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Oversight and Dispute Resolution
Sentieo is subject to oversight by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. JAMS is the US-based independent organization responsible for reviewing and resolving complaints about our Privacy Shield compliance—free of charge to you. We ask that you first submit any such complaints directly to us via privacy@Sentieo.com. If you aren’t satisfied with our response, please contact JAMS at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. In the event your concern still isn’t addressed by JAMS, you may be entitled to a binding arbitration under Privacy Shield and its principles.
If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, Your Information may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you (for example, via a message to the email address associated with your account) of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
Your Right to Control and Access Your Information
Please note that if your account was created by or on behalf of your employer or organization, some or all of Your Information may in fact be the property of that employer or organization, and you understand and consent to the fact that while Sentieo users generally have the following rights, certain of those rights may not be exercisable by the individual user without the consent of their employer or organization. In those cases, “you” and “your” as used in this section may refer not to the individual but to the employer or organization that has purchased the Services, and individuals should consult their employers or organizations policies regarding their individual right to control and access Your Information.
You have control over Your Information and how it is collected, used, and shared. For example, you have a right to:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail at 205 Lansing Island Dr., Indian Harbor Beach, FL 32937. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
Have questions or concerns about Sentieo, our Services, and privacy? Contact our Data Protection Officer at privacy@Sentieo.com. If they can’t answer your question, you have the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.