Challenges Faced Without an RMS (Research Management System):
With a lean team and a rigorous research process, Chris Devlin, founder of Selective Wealth, wanted a solution that would save him time. He wanted to spend less time trying to find information, and more time analyzing his findings to create more alpha-generating ideas.
Before switching to an RMS, Chris saved notes in Word documents within ticker-labeled file folders on his desktop. This involved a lot of time spent copy-pasting and annotating outside of the original documents, and it was also challenging to keep track of different document types and ultimately build a thesis in a reasonable amount of time.
What Is an RMS?
An RMS — or research management system — helps investment professionals organize and optimize their research process with features like:
- document highlighting & annotation
- team collaboration on shared notes and documents
- auto-tagged notes, charts, and tables that are searchable by ticker or custom tags defined by you
An RMS Makes Idea Organization Easier in 3 Ways
Chris uses the Notebook, Sentieo’s integrated research management system, “from soup to nuts” in these key ways:
- His document highlights and annotations get auto-tagged to tickers so his team can stay organized
- He uses a custom thesis template to speed up and standardize thesis writing across the team
- He saves hours creating and sharing notes with his team inside the RMS, instead of using Word docs and emails.