Millions of people read financial and other corporate documents every day. Many use Ctrl-F which is incredibly inefficient. Here are 16 tips on how to search better with Sentieo’s award-winning AI-powered financial search engine!
1. Three levels of synonyms
- Synonyms/acronyms ON
- OFF but keep stemming (i.e. gerunds, possessives, plurals)
- “Exact match”
You would have missed 36 out of 44 relevant results on the most recent DAL call with Ctrl-F!
2. Read multiple documents on one screen with Snippets view.
3. Search for number types, like currency, percentage, volume, or dosage, with or without keywords.
4. Control the distance between your query words: keep them as close or as far as needed.
5. Save your searches and have them come to you as alerts, or on your Dashboards.
6. Compare what management or members of management are saying, versus what the analysis are asking about with Speaker Search.
7. Sort by Relevance or by Hits for recent, but higher “density”, documents.
8. Add multiple document types in the query box with the IN: shortcut as you go.
9. Search titles across corporate, research, regulatory, and news documents for specific issues of importance.
10. Combine multiple tickers and watchlists for your searches: here we are picking up news and filings for our US Airlines watchlist members.
11. You don’t even have to search: enter a ticker and go to that company’s Documents Homepage, where all important corporate documents are lined up, while all recent news, research reports, and more are on the left.
12. Do you have internal content? Make it searchable, too, with our integrations with many popular internal doc tools, or through direct manual or automatic uploads.
13. Use ! to exclude a company from the results. For example, !AAPL !MSFT will exclude AAPL and MSFT documents. Use it to gauge product adoption by other companies!
14. Like a section or a document? Highlight with a topic, or bookmark, write a comment, tag a coworker! It is all saved and searchable in our integrated Research Management System.
15. Searchable investor presentations? Of course! Select Presentations or just use the IN:PPT shortcut.
Here we are searching MDLZ for Oreo.
16. Search sell side reports by bank: select specific banks, or use IN:RR: for a list of banks in the shortcuts, like IN:RR:GS for reports from GS or IN:RR:MS for reports from MS.